Sunday, May 31, 2009

the next billy idol

hey friends (krystle, afton, ariel, rachel, ...?)

i have decided to finally try out for american idol and the auditions are a mere month away! so i need your help and advice on some song choices. seriously, any ideas would be appreciated!!

some things to keep in mind... i think my voice sounds best singing power pop, gospel, or country variations. and i need a song with some good range to show that off!

we all know a good song is VERY IMPORTANT... we don't want a repeat of saratoga idol 2004 now do we?

leave a comment with your idea or email me at addiebarringer@gmail.com

thanks :)

6 comments:

Krystle said...

Hahahahaha! Hit Me Baby One More Time!!! Ok JK. I'll think about it, I dont listen to a whole lot of music though, unless its FM 100.

aftonjylare said...

NOt brittney spears or katy perry or any of that crap. do something that isn't really poppy... wait i think you said that already... I'll think about it. Great idea by the way. You'll probably win and then you can buy me a new car. hehe...

Ariel said...

Stand by Me, You are My Sunshine, I Turn To You, etc....you know me..I'm horrible at picking good music.

I'm so excited for you though! Too bad I'll be in Brazil by the time the show airs! :(

Unknown said...

This is awesome !!! I really want Karleigh to try out to but she will wait a few year for her voice to develop a little more.

I love that gospel song song "Joyful, Joyful" One one the girls used it to audition last season and made it to the 24. Karleigh sang it as a solo and it is an awesome song to show range and strengths.

Keep us updated - that is exciting.

aftonjylare said...

have you decided on something? I can't think of anything...

Krystle said...

Any updates?