Tuesday, September 21, 2010

ghosts

So turns out I'm not in school yet because of something weird with the application, but NO WORRIES! I am practicing my interior design skills all up in our home to the dismay of of my dear husband... (jk, but furniture is expensive, much to his, my, and everyone's dismay.)

As I have been searching the webs for uniquely modern yet classic pieces to eventually work with, I keep coming back to the ghost chair as the epitome of fitting that bill. I'm convinced that these little babies are the coolest thing since James Dean. They add an air of class, sex appeal, and modernity to any setting. And they're comfortable, too! (My brother is lucky enough to own a few.) See for yourself:

These chairs will never go out of style and I will never fall out of love.

While I wait patiently for my husband and I to grow to be rich (the cheapest you can find these is around 300 a pair..for the replicas at that.. why does beauty have to be so expensive?!) and I get to purchase a pair of my very own ghost chairs, I have found something else to satiate my ghostly appetite...

THE KARTELL BOURGIE LAMP!Isn't it just beautiful?! Of course I could only afford a replica as these lovelies sell for hundreds to thousands of dollars, but it's all the same to me and I feel so lucky even to have found one in my price range*. I'll be waiting with bated breath for this to arrive at my doorstep.

*And even that's a generous estimate of my "price range." ;)

3 comments:

ghost chair said...

I love the Bourgie Lamp, especially in black! I'd love to have one in my bedroom!

Krystle said...

Yeah, I've been dreaming about the ghost chairs forever now, but have come to the conclusion that it will never become reality for me. But at the same time, I'm loving my shaker style chair that I modernized with a fresh, pale, minty aqua. I also love that it was free + cost of paint.

Let me know when you start registering for classes so I could suggest what teachers to get, as it is vital that you get Lamar for Color Theory!

Krystle said...

P.s. I like this creepy random ghost chair comment that is secretly advertising their low priced replicas. But I'm not going to lie, those are some nice prices!