Monday, December 10, 2007

stealing home

Chapter One: i should probably get a grip on my L I F E.
the last couple days have just passed me by without me knowing what was going on. between the nights of going to bed at 7 and 4am, i somehow neglected to attend my last anthropology class, in which i was supposed to turn in my 5 page paper. so i emailed it to her with still no response. then i woke up an hour before i was supposed to work on saturday, but luckily my friend ryan wanted my shift so i happily handed it over. then i decide i'll go to salt lake with my free night, which was fun, but little did i know i was supposed to work the next morning. which is a shame, because i had planned to spend the whole day writing the last 7 pages of my english research paper and pretty much my whole grade for that class. so i get to work 2 hours late, and to punish me they make me stay an extra hour, so on top of that plus sidework and silverware, i get back at about 6. well at this point i am slightly delirious from the lack of sleep i'd gotten the night before plus working (hard.) so i take a 3 hour nap. wake up at 9, do my paper til 4. as i'm setting my alarm clock i'm planning to give myself time to shower, print out my paper and articles etc, and stop at smiths for extra credit food and a folder to put the paper in. so it's 11:30 and i'm blowdrying my hair, when i have this epiphany. my class either starts at 11 or 12. not 1. so i go check, and sure enough it's 11. make a long story short, i leave a frantic message on my teachers answering machine and head to campus where i get a call from her telling me to breathe and that she'll be there for another hour and i can go turn my paper into her office. so i used marissas binder she bought from D.I. for my paper and printed all my crap out at the computer lab. now i just have to write another [?] page paper (it was the free write-final for our english class) and email it to my teacher. basically, i'm lucky that my teacher is such a delightful women, and i probably deserve to fail all my classes due to my laxity. if anyone reads this, remind me i have an ART HISTORY FINAL on thursday at ONE (i think :)
christmas break, COME A LITTLE FASTER WOULDJA.

2 comments:

James McOmber said...

Man alive. I think I've had days/weeks kind of like that.

And what's extra credit food? Teacher bribery?

sweetheart bitterheart said...

pretty much. food for the partay that i missed.