Thursday, November 6, 2008

one of my very favorite songs.

get me away from here i'm dying
play me a song to set me free.
nobody writes them like they used to so it may as well be me.

here on my own now after hours
here on my own now on a bus
think of it this way,
you could either be successful or be us.

with our winning smiles and us,
with our catchy tunes and words.
now we're photogenic
you know we don't stand a chance

i'll settle down with some old story
about a boy who's just like me
thought there was love in everything and everyone
yes so naive

they always reach a sorry ending
they always get it in the end
still it was worth it as i turned the pages solemnly and then,
with a winning smile the poor boy with naivety succeeds
at the final moment i cried
i always cry at endings.

that wasn't what i meant to say at all
from where i'm sitting, rain
falling against the lonely tenement it sets my mind to wander
into the windows of my lovers
they never know unless i write
this is no declaration, i just thought i'd let you know goodbye

said the hero in the story, "it is mightier than swords
i could kill you, sure, but i could only make you cry with these words."
cry with these words.

get me away, i'm dying.

2 comments:

Ariel said...

"get me away, I'm dying".....I feel like that today. get me away from work, I'm dying.

aftonjylare said...

i remember the first song of theirs i ever heard and girl you just have a way with blogging. <3