Sunday, March 14, 2010

lynched

A while back, I mentioned that I wanted to see David Lynch's "Wild at Heart" after seeing these stills posted on another blog.

However, Isabella Rossellini as the character Perdita was only in the film for a total of probably 5 minutes. Other than that, the movie was.. trippy? Lynch always does this to me. He sucks me in with his crazy characters and weird imagery and somehow I am simultaneously loving/hating the movie as I watch it. One thing I have to give him though - his films stay with me for weeks after having seen them. In this case, these scenes hit me pretty powerfully:


and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SztmuNDfBYQ (which I'm not going to post on my blog because frankly, it was terrifying and inappropriate, so viewers be advised.)

Generally, this movie was pretty freakin weird and I give it a 6/10.

but, at least I knew what the hell was going on in this one. and I still think David Lynch is a silver fox.

3 comments:

J McO (change later) said...

I love your attraction to the Lynch. At times I share it. Also, I don't think you'll get the full effect of what Lynch is capable of until we watch the Elephant Man. I bet the Straight Story would throw you for a loop too. Are we through with David Lynch? I don't think so, my dear. I don't think so.

J McO (change later) said...

P.S. the first post in which I declared my love for the man was also entitled "Lynched".

J McO (change later) said...

gmta. And I really meant no pun when I said that the Straight Story would "throw you for a loop". LOL ON AOL! I am teh funnay!