Saturday, December 6, 2008

irony=sucks

i am trying to apply the atoning blood of Christ, because

"Periodically, we too will experience a measure of irony, that hard crust on the bread of adversity. Jesus met irony constantly as He was taunted by circumstances. For instance, this earth is Jesus' footstool, but at Bethlehem there was "no room . . . in the inn" and "no crib for his bed," as "foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head" (Luke 2:7; Hymns, no. 206; Luke 9:58; see also Acts 7:49­50). The Most Innocent suffered the most, when some of His subjects did unto Him "as they listed" (D&C 49:6). Bearer of the only salvational name, yet the Lord of the Universe lived modestly as a person "of no reputation" (Philip. 2:7; see also Acts 4:12; 2 Ne. 25:20; Abr. 3:27). Christ "constructed" the universe, yet in little Galilee He was known merely as "the carpenter's son" (Matt. 13:55).

You and I, when impacted by lesser irony, are so much more brittle, often forgetting that some tests by their very nature are unfair, especially when crusty irony is present."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know Addie - sometimes the only way I make it through the day is purely by my faith in the Atonement of my savior. Knowing that the atonement is for everyone in every circumstance. I can feel the arms of mercy, love, and safety wrap around me as I turn to my savior and the healing of the Atonement warms my soul and lightens my burden. And it NEVER fails as each time I turn to my Savior I feel the peace and happiness that he has promised time and time again.
Love - Sis P