Sunday, November 11, 2007

just wondering how , never got cold wearing nothing in the snow.

i feel like i talk about the same things and people all the time but i don't care. tonight at work, i said to derek, "remind me to tell you my life story." and it kind of got me thinking about how far i've come. first of all, a little background on what me and derek were discussing because that's worth mentioning.

me: derek, i heard something about you.
d: it's not true.
me: i heard you used to be active. like recently. that you would say things to ben like, hey ben, what do we believe about this? so that i can prove to my friend that we're right.
d: yea.. i was a teacher. but then i just got turned off to the whole thing because of my ward.
me: what happened?
d: they suck. they treated me crappy.
me: dude. that's sad. that's not what church is about. go to your friends wards.
d: they suck too.
me: yea, utah is weird. i have a cool ward. come to mine.
d: okay, maybe.

a little later in the night..
me: tell matt he has to come to my acoustic night.
d: we gotta buy him some weed so he can write good music for it
me: don't encourage him, he wants to go back to church
d: dude, he's the one that got me smoking weed.. if it wasn't for him, i might be on a mission right now
me: you can still go!!
d: no i can't
me: yea you can dude. i believe in you. remind me to tell you my life story later.

so, sidenote: let's hope derek goes back to church so i can marry him

but anyway, i was thinking about what all i would tell derek if i ever do get a chance to tell him my life story, and i was like dooooood... i was such a bad-a. probably worse than derek. i don't know that much about his personal life but he seems pretty level headed. i was like, out of control. i guess it's not chill to get into it over the innernetz but i am just thankful to have ended that chapter in my life. it was pretty freakin scary. and honestly, it wasn't that long ago. like 3 years. and it took me everyday of working hard during those 3 years to make improvements. i could never have imagined how hard it would be, yet at the same time how worth it. i really feel like a different person. it's swell. anyway, to derek or whoever is reading this, the church is true, little darlings. do whatchu gotta go.